Many of the most interesting, dedicated, and inspiring people in the world come to live and make their dreams come true in our great city. They are people who not only have to do the typical mundane tasks of daily life, but they are also vibrant personalities engaged in interesting hobbies, passions, and activities.
Here are some ideas of places where you might bump into someone fascinating and make a spark. Don’t try too hard, be yourself. The people who you are looking to meet will notice you if you are living in your truth and power. Carpe Diem!
1. Sotheby’s live auctions or any live auction
2. Community Service Projects
3. Political campaigns
4. On the sidewalk, while walking the dog. Yes, cute dogs are definitely conversation starters!
6. Dance classes
7. Church or synagogue coffee hours
8. Art Exhibit Openings
9. Book signings
10. Open-mic Poetry readings
11. Open-mic Folk music
12. Any long line – banks, tickets, shopping, concert, etc.
13. Fitness Clubs
14. Out-of-town day or field trips
15. Dog-Run Parks
16. Non-credit classes
17. Volunteer work at soup kitchens
18. Lunchtime eateries in Midtown
19. Wine tastings
20. Various clubs – bike, dog, bird watching, chess, bridge, etc
21. Martial Arts Dojos
22. Street Fairs
23. Book Stores
24. Flea Markets
25. Crafts Fairs
26. Rock Climbing at Chelsea Piers
27. Ferry Rides
28. Historical or Educational Site Tours
* For single parents, you can add:
30. Any activity you accompany your child; dance classes, little league, art classes, orchestra rehearsals, etc.
31. PTA meetings
* Remember, this is all about chance meetings with cool people. If you’re some yahoo on the prowl, you will most likely fail every time. Be yourself and remember that you’re lovable, too. Enjoy this life!